14 April 2013

Teatime with Lillian


I hope to have many more tea parties with Miss Lily and her dolls. For now, I get to pretend and dream about future parties together. It's hard to imagine what she will look like when she's old enough to ask for a tea party. I have a feeling she will be a little diva.



Right now her eyes are blue when we are in the car or inside, but green when she's outside. If you hold her near a window, they are blue with green flecks. I wonder what color they will turn out?


 She's a mama's girl. I'm okay with that. :)

The picture below very much captures her personality. She wants to be a big girl and she wants to do it herself. She's impatient and stubborn like her father. ;-P


But she looks like me.

Joshua bought me a new camera. I had no idea that he ordered it until he blew the surprise. He's doesn't get that surprises are meant to be kept secret until they arrive. Either way, I was excited. It's like the feeling you get when you buy new paint or a fresh canvas, except the world is my canvas and I get to capture it in a new way with a new tool.

My two favorite quotes from artists:
I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. Georgia O'Keeffe
Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.
Dorothea Lange

No comments:

Post a Comment